What insemination products do we use?
When we are about to complete an insemination we always have these 5 products. If you are a breeder wanting to inseminate on your own we recommend you purchase these products together. See products below!
1)This is our favourite AI tube. It’s soft and slightly flexible. Easy to insert. Comfortable for your female. https://amzn.to/3FLqnFb
2) Black durable latex gloves https://amzn.to/3FlhErz
3) 10ml Terumo Syringes – They provide ample room for suction of semen from semen collection bags. They also allow room for added air to allow you to move all semen through the artificial insemination tube without waste. https://amzn.to/3W8DCFb
4) Semen collection bags – These are the softest, most durable bags we have ever used and swear by them. No discomfort for the male. Easy to draw from. 100 per purchase. Reasonably priced. These are a 5 star must have. https://amzn.to/3Hu8YSI
5) Pre-Seed is a soft lubricant that doesn’t have any spermicides in it that will interfere with your artificial insemination process. It is designed specifically for the purposes of avoiding fertility disruption. We highly recommend you use this as a part of your insemination practices opposed to other lubricants that often have spermicides in them. https://amzn.to/3HrNEwU
6)Centrifuge tubes for shipping semen (if needed) – https://amzn.to/3WcdEQW
What is our favourite product for keeping puppies safe while we sleep??? It’s the PET BROODER90!
This incubator is amazing. It’s easy to clean. Very light weight. Quiet. You can hook up oxygen and nebulizers to it. It has temperature and humidity control and if your puppies aspirate or become ill or you have some under dogs its a great way of providing them a safe environment to grow. To purchase product simply follow the provided link here! https://amzn.to/3Hw0tX5
The nebulizer we use with this incubator is here – https://amzn.to/3YfnRhn
Are you interested in canine cytology?
You are now breeding and may want to expand on your fertility education. For us Cytology along with progesterone testing has been a useful tool to us. Cytology is the study of vaginal cells to determine the current state of cellular development in the vaginal wall. This will allow you to understand if your female has ovulated and is really to breed! For Cytology our favourite must have are listed below!!!
- Microscope https://amzn.to/3BrlcaB
- Slides https://amzn.to/3Hn0Kvw
- Methylene Blue dye https://amzn.to/3Wdcrcp
Are you having your first litter?
These are must haves for the first 24 hours!
- Sunbeam heating pad – This heating pad is a perfect size for us. We also love that it has 6 settings. You can set it to turn off automatically after 30 min or you can select the stay on option. We use the stay on option and when puppies get too warm they wiggly to the edge of the pad for a break. We toss after each litter and do not reuse solely for hygiene purposes. We also use this heating pad to transport the pups to and from the vets office in a homemade incubator (we will share incubator instructions late) https://amzn.to/3PfSaRa
- Forceps – When umbilical cords get cut at the vets occasionally we get one thats a little short OR sometimes mothers can pull and make them bleed. We like to have these forceps on hand as they are small, lightweight, easy to use and a fast sanitary way to stop bleeding immediately. https://amzn.to/3YffoLd
- bbluv nasal aspirator – This is the best one we have ever used! Battery operated, strong suction, easy to clean & easy to use! If you are reviving puppies after caesarian section, have a sick pup or a pup that has aspirated this product will suction most mucous immediately giving you peace of mind your baby has clear airways! https://amzn.to/3Yhqq2L I dont love manual aspirators but if you prefer them here’s a link https://amzn.to/3VQT7Sg
- Pee pads – We cover our nursing mothers bed with pee pads to keep her nursing area clean at all times. As soon as a pee pad gets bloody or dirty we immediately throw it out. This also helps keep mom and pups in a sanitary environment that will prevent her incision from becoming infected, will help prevent puppies from getting sick from feral contamination and prevent urine burn. Cleanliness is key while whelping puppies!!! https://amzn.to/3UPvXu8
- Leucillin Disinfectant for mothers incision – https://amzn.to/3W6GkuW
- You will also want to purchase a small container of high fat goat milk from your grocery store to drip on mothers nipples slowly if her milk hasn’t come in the first 24 hours. If you prefer to use a puppy milk replacement you can use Esbilac milk replacement. https://amzn.to/3HB8c66
- Pedialyte – We always give our nursing mothers pedialyte (all day) with a big bowl of 3 scrambled eggs daily the first week of nursing. Why? After almost losing a mother to eclampsia (low blood calcium) this has become a habit in our home. It was a very scary time for us so as preventative measures we ensure a healthy calorie intake thats high in calcium and electrolytes. https://amzn.to/3PjWD59
Do we do our own progesterone testing? Answer is yes! We wanted to have more control of our breeding program and have realtime results. Most vets dont offer same same day results and the one that does ends up being a 5 hour round trip for us. So in 2019 I became a wondfo representative. I can help you purchase a progesterone machine to help you have a better understanding of your dogs fertility and hormone levels as well as planning labor and delivery. The machine is $3500 Canadian ordered directly from us here at rad frenchies and shipped to you with a manufacturers warranty from wondfo.
While preforming our progesterone testing our favourite products we use are these listed below.
- 25 gauge needles. They are small. Easy to use. https://amzn.to/3VR0cT5
- Syringes – 3ml https://amzn.to/3FIrkxX
- Centrifuge tubes – stroring and freezing plasma. https://amzn.to/3WcdEQW
- Wondfo machine – Please dm @rad_frenchies on instagram for purchase